The Best Dog Chew Toys in 2021
- Our Top 7 List
- [amazon link=”B004A7X218″ title=”1. West Paw Zogoflex Tux Treat Dispensing Chew Toy”/]
- [amazon link=”B00DD1VTIK” title=”2. Nylabone Durable Dental Dinosaur Toy”/]
- [amazon link=”B0009X63SQ” title=”3. West Paw Design Zogoflex Dog Toy”/]
- [amazon link=”B004A7X22W” title=”4. West Paw Zogoflex Bumi Interactive Tug of War Toy”/]
- [amazon link=”B002C7872M” title=”5. Nylabone Dura Chew Power Toy”/]
- [amazon link=”B000AYN7LU” title=”6. KONG Durable Natural Rubber to Chew & Fetch”/]
- [amazon link=”B0813992JX” title=”7. Gucho Durable Toys for Aggressive Chewers”/]
- Verdict & Review
- West Paw Zogoflex Chew Toy
- Buying Guide
Does your dog love to play? Do you find them chewing on things, often unwanted things, frequently? Finding the right chew toy can help entertain your dog and provide them with an acceptable item to chomp away at.
There are so many different options when it comes to chew toys. Selecting the right option for your dog will likely come down to their preferences and personality. On this list, we have collected the best options on the market this year. Let’s check them out!
Our Top 7 List
[amazon box=”B004A7X218,B00DD1VTIK,B0009X63SQ,B004A7X22W,B002C7872M,B000AYN7LU,B0813992JX” template=”table” numbering=”true”]
[amazon fields=”B004A7X218″ value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
Your dog will be kept busy and out of trouble with the Zogoflex Tux Treat Dispensing Toy. This chew toy is made from a very durable plastic composite material that is non-toxic, BPA-free, phthalate-free, and FDA compliant.
This toy has three knobs coming out of its side. The back has an opening where you can place a treat. Since the opening is small, your dog will have to work quite a bit to get the treat to come out, which can help keep them from getting bored or anxious when they are left alone.
In addition to placing a treat, you can also fill the pouch with a sticky substance, like peanut butter, or free another favorite food of your dog’s in the opening.
This toy is available in Granny Smith Green, Aqua, and, Tangerine.
- You can place treats or free different items in the opening to keep your dog busy when they are left alone.
- The material used to make this toy is BPA-free, phthalate-free, and non-toxic.
- The manufacture offers a 100% guarantee that your dog won’t be able to damage this toy.
- The treat opening on the back is a little larger than other options, so it may be a bit easy for your dog to get the treats out.
[amazon fields=”B00DD1VTIK” value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
These dental chewers keep your dog entertained and help clean their teeth. These dinosaur toys feature raised bristles and rounded nubs that are designed to reduce plaque and tartar buildup.
This set includes three different dinosaur-shaped toys. The chews are chicken-flavored, so your dog is sure to be instantly interested and attracted to them. In addition to entertaining your dog and cleaning their teeth, the Nylabone toys can also help to freshen up their breath.
Since there are three toys included in this set and each is very rigid, your dog will be able to enjoy this purchase for quite some time.
- There are three toys that come with this set.
- The dinosaur chews will help clean your dog’s teeth as they chew.
- The chews are chicken flavored, so your dog is very likely to be interested in using them.
- The types of dinosaur chews you’ll receive may vary, so if you are set on getting one type of dinosaur, it may not be what is shipped to you.
[amazon fields=”B0009X63SQ” value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
The Zogoflex Hurley Dog Toy is a fun and versatile chew toy that your dog will enjoy. This toy can be tossed for a fun game of fetch, or your dog may enjoy laying down and chomping away on it. It is 8.25 inches long.
The Hurley chew toy is made using the Zogoflex material. This material is very durable and pliable, so your dog is sure to have a fun time playing with it.
The manufacturers of this product guarantee that your dog won’t be able to destroy it. If your dog does manage to destroy it, they will give you a free replacement.
In addition to using this toy for fun around the house, you can also bring it on your next trip to the lake. The Hurley floats, so your dog may enjoy retrieving it when you toss it out on the water.
- The manufacturer will give you a free replacement if your dog is able to destroy this toy.
- This chew toy also floats, so it can be used for a fun game of fetch on the water.
- The Zogoflex material used to make this toy is very durable and pliable. This is a great combination for a chew toy.
- There are three color options, but you won’t be able to select which color you receive.
[amazon fields=”B004A7X22W” value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
If you have a furry tug-of-war lover at home, consider the Zogoflex Bumi Tug of War Toy. This chew toy has an ‘S’ shape, which will make it easy for both you and your dog to grip an end of it as you play tug-of-war together. The shape of this toy could also allow two dogs to partake in a game of tug-of-war with each other.
For added fun when playing, the Bumi will stretch to twice its length. This toy is made using only ton-toxic materials. It does not contain BPA or phthalates, so you won’t need to worry about your dog sinking his teeth into it.
The manufacturer of this product is confident that the material is strong enough to hold up to your dog’s best efforts to destroy it. If your dog is able to break it, they offer a 100% guarantee and will replace it for free.
- There are three different color options: Aqua, Granny Smith, and Tangerine.
- You and your dog can use this toy to play a fun game of tug-of-war together.
- The manufacturer provides a 100% guarantee that your dog won’t be able to destroy this toy.
- This toy is relatively heavy, so it may be a bit challenging for your dog to hold it.
[amazon fields=”B002C7872M” value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
If your dog weighs less than 50 pounds, you may want to consider the Nylabone Dura Chew. This chew toy is brown and shaped like a dog bone.
It has a very textured exterior that has lots of ridges and nubs. These ridges and nubs are designed to help clean your dog’s teeth and remove plaque and tartar as they are chewing on the bone.
This is also a very durable toy. Even powerful or aggressive chewers will be able to stay occupied by trying to chew on this bone. Using this toy can help reduce boredom and discourage your dog from chewing on other items in your home that you don’t want destroyed.
This chew toy also has a delicious flavor that your dog is sure to love. It features a medley of different doggy favorites, so be ready for your dog to get very excited when you give them this toy.
- The bone features a medley of different flavors that your dog will enjoy.
- The nubs and ridges along the bone can help clean your dog’s teeth.
- This bone is very durable.
- After your dog has had this toy and chewed it for a while, the edges may become sharp.
[amazon fields=”B000AYN7LU” value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
If your dog really likes to chew and gets bored easily when they are left alone, you may want to give KONG a try. This toy has a tiered cone shape that will keep your dog engaged and entertained when they are home alone.
If you are looking to provide a little extra incentive or more of a distraction when you’ll be gone, this dog chew toy can also be stuffed. The bottom is open, so you’ll be able to put treats, peanut butter, or other goodies in it to make your dog work at getting out what you put in.
This toy can also be fun to use to play fetch with your dog. When the toy is tossed, it bounces in an unpredictable fashion, so it will keep your dog on their toes as they try to retrieve it after you toss it.
- There are six different size options, so you’ll be able to choose the perfect size for your dog.
- You can put peanut butter or other treats in the opening to further reduce the risk of your dog getting bored or anxious when they are left alone.
- You and your dog can play a fund game of fetch together thanks to the different ways this toy will bounce when it is thrown.
- If you put something sticky inside the cone, it may be tricky to clean it easily.
[amazon fields=”B0813992JX” value=”button” title=”View on Amazon”]
If you have an aggressive chewer, consider the Gucho toy. This product is designed to be virtually indestructible, so it is unlikely that your dog will be able to destroy it. If your dog is able to destroy it, the manufacturer offers a lifetime replacement guarantee.
While it is virtually indestructible, this toy is not too hard. It is actually softer than most nylon toys. It is a 6.5-inch circle.
This chew toy has lots of different textures and nubs. These features are designed to keep your dog more engaged with chewing the toy and help strengthen their jaws. The nubs can also help clean your teeth and remove plaque and tartar.
- This option is available in green or blue.
- There are nubs and different textured lines all over the toy that can help clean your dog’s teeth as they chew.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime replacement guarantee if your dog is able to destroy this chew toy.
- This toy will be no match for some truly aggressive chewers.
While we think your dog is certain to have a blast with all of the chew toys we reviewed above, the Zogoflex Tux Treat Dispensing Toy is our top pick. This chew toy is certain to keep your dog entertained and out of trouble as they try to get at the treats you tucked away inside the toy.
The opening in the back of the toy can also allow you to add something like peanut butter or even freeze another food your dog enjoys directly in the toy. They’ll have to work hard to get out the treats, so they won’t have the time or energy to get into other trouble when you are not home with them.
Since this chew toy is made from a non-toxic, phthalate-free, and BPA-free composite material, you can feel confident that it is safe to give your dog. The manufacturer also offers a 100% guarantee that your dog won’t be able to destroy the Zogoflex Tux. Place your order today; your dog is sure to thank you tomorrow!
If your dog loves chewing, finding the right chew toy can be very important. If you can find the right toy for your dog, it can help keep them out of trouble and help them redirect their desire to chew to a product that is meant for them. Before you purchase a new chew toy for your dog, read through our buying guide below.
The toy type is the first thing you should think about. Think about the types of toys or items that your dog seems most attracted to, and try to find a toy that mimics some of these same characteristics. Some toys are shaped like a bone, an object, a stick, or some other more random shape.
If you think your dog would be more motivated or interested if treats are involved, you can also look for a toy that can dispense treats. Some chew toys are also flavored, which may be a good option to consider if you think it will be more of an incentive for your dog.
When selecting a chew toy, durability is key. This is especially true if your dog is an aggressive chewer and has a history of destroys toys or household objects.
Some toys come with a guarantee from the manufacturer. In these instances, the manufacturer will replace the toy is your dog is able to destroy it. Toys with these guarantees are often more durable options to consider.
Another factor to consider is the size of the toy. Think about the size of your dog and try to choose a toy that is appropriately sized for their body and mouth. This will make it easier for them to use the toy correctly.
The materials used to make the toy should also be an important consideration. Since your dog is going to be chewing on the toy, and possibly eating any bits they break off, you want to be sure to choose a toy made from quality materials that are safe for dogs. Look for products that are non-toxic and BPA-free.
Why do dogs chew?
There are a variety of reasons dogs chew on different items. For some, it is a way to explore their world and manipulate the different items around them. Younger dogs may chew on items when they have teeth coming in as a way to reduce the pain that goes with teething.
Many dogs chew out of boredom when they are left home alone. If your dog is anxious and doesn’t like being left alone, that could also be any underlying cause for their chewing.
How can I get my dog to stop chewing things he should be?
It will take some time and a lot of consistency to get your dog to stop chewing on undesired items. You will want to be sure to offer your dog different chew toys that he is allowed to chew, before you try to get them to stop chewing on other items around the house.
When you catch your dog chewing on one of the chew toys, give him praise or offer a treat. This will help to reinforce the behavior you want to see.
Also, if you see the dog chewing on something they are not supposed to have, simply take it away, but don’t say anything. After you remove the unwanted item, give your dog a chew toy to chew instead.
We are the Pet Dog Pals, a group of avid pet owners, bloggers, product testers, and writers for all your canine needs! We own a collective 16 dogs and 21 cats to help us test and review pet products. Our top lists and tips come from experience to help you be the best dog owner you can be!