The Best Dog Goggles & Sunglasses in 2020
- Our Top List
- 1. Rex Specs Goggles
- 2. QUMY Goggles Eye Wear Protection
- 3. Doggles – ILS Pink Frame with Pink Lens
- 4. Enjoying – Small Sunglasses for Dogs
- 5. Petleso Sunglasses for Medium to Large Breeds
- 6. Cydnlive Cool Sunglasses for Small Dogs & Cats
- Verdict & Review
- Rex Specs Dog Goggles
- Buying Guide
Does your dog enjoy spending lots of time in the outdoors? Do you frequently take them on long walks, hikes, or trips to the park? A pair of dog sunglasses can help keep your dog’s sensitive eyes protected from the powerful UV rays of the sun, wind, and blowing debris.
There are many different options available when you’re looking for dog sunglasses. To help you narrow down your options and choose the best product for your pup, we have reviewed the six best products on the market this year. Let’s check them out!
Our Top List
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 18:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Rex Specs Goggles
The Rex Specs Dog Goggles can help you make sure your pup’s eyes are well-protected. These are a very stylist pair to consider. They are available in 31 different color options, so you’ll be able to choose the perfect look for your dog’s personality.
A few of the available color options include Apollo Blue/Blue Mirror, Pippa Pink/Blue Mirror, Orange/Smoke, Yellow/Silver Mirror, and Black/Red Mirror. Each color option comes with two different lenses. One is clear and the other will be the color you select.
Each of the lenses you receive are rated UV400. This means they block 99.9% of harmful UVA and UVB rays from hitting your dog’s eyes. These product look like a pair of ski goggles; one large section completely covers your dog’s eyes. They’ll be protected against wind and debris in addition to the sun.
- There are five different sizes available.
- This pair is rated UV400.
- There are 31 different color options.
- This option seals in your dog’s eyes to keep them more protected.
- You’ll be able to choose a stylish look for your dog.
- You receive two lenses that are rated UV400.
- This product completely covers your dog’s eyes to protect them from UVA and UVB rays as well as wind and debris.
- They have adjustable straps to help you find the right fit for your dog.
- Premium price tag due to premium quality.
2. QUMY Goggles Eye Wear Protection
The QUMY Dog Goggles help your dog look cute and fashionable while providing protection for their eyes. This pair is made from plastic, so you won’t need to worry about glass breaking and harming your dog’s eyes. The plastic lenses are shatterproof as well.
This option comes in one size, and is best suited for dogs who weigh over 15 pounds. They have an adjustable strap to help you find the best fit for your dog. When your dog wears these glasses, their eyes are protected from UV rays. They are available in black, blue, pink, red, white, and yellow.
- They have shatterproof lenses.
- They are designed to be used by dogs weighing over 15 pounds.
- The adjustable strap helps you to find the right fit for your dog
- The glasses provide protection against UV rays.
- There are six stylish color options to help you find the right look for your pup.
- This option seals tightly around your dog’s eyes to prevent debris from getting into their eyes.
- You’ll be able o find a good fit for your dog with this option.
- There are not different size options, so it may be harder to find the right fit for your dog.
3. Doggles – ILS Pink Frame with Pink Lens
The Doggles are a cute option that keeps your dog’s eyes well-protected. They have an interchangeable lens system that lets you to switch out the lenses or replace them if they happen to get broken.
The lenses are anti-fog, to help your dog see clearly in different temperatures and weather types. They are also shatterproof, so you won’t need to worry about them breaking if the goggles drop or your dog bumps into something.
This option is designed to be comfortable for your dog to wear. There is padding on the back of the eye pieces and you can adjust the strap to find the most comfortable fit. Five different sizes are available to ensure the best fit possible.
- They have shatterproof lenses.
- Your dog’s eyes are be protected from UV rays.
- There is padding on the eye pieces for added comfort.
- There are five size options.
- After choosing the right size from your dog, you can achieve a more personalized fit by adjusting the straps.
- Your dog will be able to see clearly with the anti-fog lenses.
- Your dog can express her personality with the pink color of this option.
- Only in pink.
4. Enjoying – Small Sunglasses for Dogs
If you have a smaller dog, consider the Enjoying Dog Sunglasses. This product is designed to be used by smaller breeds, such as a Bichon Frise, a Chihuahua, a Poodle, or a Balinese. They provide protection against UV rays, wind, water, and debris.
To help you customize the fit to your dog’s head, there are two adjustable elastic straps. One strap goes around your dog’s head, and the other goes under their jaw. This design helps ensure the glasses stay in place when your dog is wearing them. You can purchase this option in black with black lenses or pink with black lenses.
- These are designed for smaller dog breeds.
- This option provides a snug fit around your dog’s eyes.
- The adjustable straps help keep the glasses secured to your dog’s head.
- You can purchase this option in two color combinations: black with black lenses or pink with black lenses.
- The two straps help ensure this option stays in place.
- If you have a smaller dog, it is likely that this pair will fit them well.
- Wind, water, debris, and UV rays are kept away from your dog’s eyes.
- If you have a medium or large dog, this product will not work for him.
5. Petleso Sunglasses for Medium to Large Breeds
Provide your dog’s eyes the protection they need to ensure their health and safety with the PETLESO Dog Googles. This option is designed for medium and large breeds of dogs, such as Golden Retrievers and Huskies. When your dog wears this pair, their eyes are protected from wind and UV rays.
You’ll be able to help ensure a good fit for your dog securely by adjusting the two elastic straps. One strap goes under their jaw, and the other goes around their head. This pair of glasses is black with a black frame, giving your dog a timeless and fashionable look.
- This product is designed for medium and large dog breeds.
- There are two adjustable straps on this product.
- UV rays, wind, and debris are blocked by this product.
- The black glasses provide a classic and cool look for dogs.
- You can adjust the two straps to find a comfortable, yet secure fit for your dog.
- The glasses provide a snug fit to prevent things from irritating your dog’s eyes.
- This option is only available in one color.
6. Cydnlive Cool Sunglasses for Small Dogs & Cats
If you have a small dog, consider the Cydnlive Cool Sunglasses. This pair of glasses is designed to make your dog look like they are a classy and chic movie star. They are designed to slide over your dog’s face and sit snug by their ear.
These glasses are available with lenses in a variety of colors including blue, green, black, and gold. You will receive a random color when you place your order. The glasses’ frame is made from a durable alloy metal. They have plastic lenses to keep your dog’s eyes more protected.
- This product is designed to look chic and stylish.
- There are a variety of lens colors; you will receive a random color with your order.
- The frame is made from an alloy metal.
- The lenses are plastic.
- The frame is designed to be durable and hold up well to repeated uses.
- The plastic lenses provide protection for his eyes.
- All of the color options are attractive.
- Since this option doesn’t fit as snuggly as some other options, it won’t provide as much protection against wind or debris.
After reviewing the six dog goggles above, we have concluded that the Rex Specs goggles are our favorite product. With these goggles, your dog will look stylish while enjoying superior protection for their eyes. There are 31 different color options to help you match your dog’s preferences and personality.
Two interchangeable lenses are also included with this pair; one clear and one colored. Each lens is rated UV400 to block 99.9% of UVA and UVB rays. Since the glasses form a seal around your dog’s eyes, you also won’t need to worry about wind or debris irritating their eyes or causing a potential injury. There are five different sizes and each size can be further adjusted to help you achieve the right fit for your dog’s head.
A pair of sunglasses can help keep your dog’s eyes protected when they’re out and about. They can help make sure dirt, sand, or other particles don’t get blown into their eyes. They can also help block the sun’s strong UV rays from potentially damaging your dog’s eyes.
Since each pair of glasses designed for dogs will be a little different and have different benefits and drawbacks, you’ll want to closely compare the different options you are considering. Use our buying guide below to help you identify the features you most want to see in the pair you purchase.
Size and Fit
One of the most important considerations to make when looking for a new pair of glasses for your dog is the size and fit each product will provide. You want to be sure to select a pair that is the right size for your dog’s head and that stays in place when your dog wears them. You also don’t want to purchase a product that is be too tight and uncomfortable that your dog won’t want to wear it.
One of the features that can impact how well a product may fit your dog is whether they have adjustable straps. Adjustable straps allow you to customize the fit to your dog’s face. You’ll be able to make them tight enough to stay in your dog’s face, without making them so tight that your dog is miserable every time he wears them.
Pay close attention to how much UV protection each option provides your dog. Some products on the market are simply dark plastic pieces that won’t really protect your dog. You will want to look for products that have a UV rating, ideally over 400, to help you feel confident that your dog’s eyes will be protected.
Protection Against Debris
Another feature to consider before making a purchase is whether the glasses effectively protect your dog’s eyes from particles like sand or dirt. Rather than choosing a product that looks more like a pair of sunglasses you might wear, look for something that provides a good fit around your dog’s entire eye. This can stop the wind from blowing particles into their eyes.
You want your dog to be comfortable in the product you purchase, otherwise they won’t be very willing to wear them. Looks for added features designed to keep your dog more comfortable. You may want to find glasses with padded frames or comfortable straps.
Style and Color
Finally, consider how stylish or cute your dog will look in his or her new glasses. Do you like the shape of the lenses? Are they available in a color you like? These features are not as important as the safety features listed above, but if you can find a quality product that will also look great on your pooch, it would be a bonus!
Should I get sunglasses for my dog?
It is a good idea to find a good pair of sunglasses for your dog. They can help block the sun’s UV rays from hitting your dog’s eyes. Many dogs have very sensitive eyes and often develop eye issues, such as pannus. Protecting their eyes can reduce the chances that they’ll have eye problems later in life.
What can I do if my dog won’t wear his goggles?
If your dog isn’t an immediate fan of wearing goggles, don’t be surprised. However, there are some things you can do to help your dog get used to wearing their new pair, so he’ll be able to keep them on more happily. Try wearing them for shorter periods of time to start. You can also try giving your pet a treat or offering them praise/attention immediately after you put the glasses on their face. This can help them develop a positive association with wearing them. One more thing you can try is bringing your dog outside on a very sunny day and putting the sunglasses on them after you’ve been out for a few minutes. This way, he may notice that they can actually help him see more clearly without needing to squint his eyes.
We are the Pet Dog Pals, a group of avid pet owners, bloggers, product testers, and writers for all your canine needs! We own a collective 16 dogs and 21 cats to help us test and review pet products. Our top lists and tips come from experience to help you be the best dog owner you can be!