The Best Dog Shower Head Attachments in 2020
In our experience, dogs do not often enjoy their bath time. While there are some exceptions out there, bathing a dog can be source of stress for many dog owners. A dog shower head can help, provided you choose a good product.
We love bathing our dogs and have gone through a whole range of shower attachments in the last few years.
On this page, we have assembled the best options this year. Let’s check them out!
Our Top List
Last update on 2020-08-11 at 23:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro
Our favorite, the Waterpik attachment works to make shower time easier for your dog by providing full coverage. This shower head’s wand shape aims to provide a fast wash for your dog, allowing for more surface area to be reached by the wand at any given time.
Equipped with an 8-foot hose, this shower head is versatile and easily used in both an indoor and outdoor capacity, giving you some wiggle room when it comes to giving your pet their preferred grooming experience.
When you’re done with the Waterpik, its included suction cup hook allows for easy storage.
- Gentle yet effective for shampoo removal
- Able to be used with one hand, allowing owners to lather with the other
- Optimized for both indoor and outdoor use
2. Wondurdog Dog Wash Kit
This one is designed to provide you and your dog with an all-in-one bathtime solution. Innovatively designed as a shower brush, this model works hard to focus the water on your dog, rather than having you worry about any splashback.
As a dog owner, you likely know how precarious bathtime can be, especially if you’re attempting to stay dry during the process. This head concentrates the water back on your dog, allowing you to bathe, brush, and rinse your dog all with the same device.
What’s more, this head allows you to control the flow of water from the head itself, making this truly an indispensable all-in-one device.
- All-in-one shower head solution
- Allows users to brush, rinse, and bathe all at once
- Easily converted between regular shower and dog bath use
3. Aquapaw Pet Shower Sprayer & Scrubber
This attachment fits easily onto the palm of your hand in order to provide your dog with an ergonomic showering experience. Its one-size-fits-all design helps dog owners to bathe and calm their dogs while bathing them.
Anyone with an anxious pet will likely appreciate the Aquapaw attachment’s ability to calm dogs around bathtime. What’s more, the Aquapaw is able to attach to both indoor shower heads and outdoor hoses in order to provide versatile shower options for you and your dog. The Aquapaw comes with a lifetime guarantee, making this a purchase you can use for life.
- Small yet powerful, designed for covert usage
- Ergonomic and easy to control
- Good for both indoor and outdoor use
4. SmarterFresh Shower Set
This is one device that calls for a one-time installation. After its initial installation, the SmarterFresh Sprayer should be good to use for years to come as it easily converts between a shower head and hand shower. That means that both you and your dog will be able to use the same device, easily switching between modes optimized for both of you.
This is perfect for dog owners who do not want the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling a shower head every time they need to give their dog a bath – bathtime can be stressful enough as it is! The handheld mode of this product aims to provide a quick and easy bathtime for your dog.
- Stainless steel and solid brass for easy cleaning
- Convertible for both pets and humans
- Provides simple, one-handed use
5. Rinse Ace 3 Way Pet Sprayer
Chances are, your dog can be pretty particular when it comes to their bathtime. Even the slightest change in water pressure can upset your pet and make them avoid bathtime, creating a headache for both of you.
In this instance, it’s important to choose a head like the Rinse Ace which allows you to switch between three separate settings during shower time. It has gentle full spray, pulsating massage, and concentrated spray modes that allow for the water flow to change easily depending on your dog’s preference.
With modes like these, it’s likely you might even end up jealous of your dog’s shower attachment!
- Gentle spray mode makes cleaning your dog’s underbelly easier than ever
- Concentrated spray can help rinse other delicate areas
- The flow lever can help move easily between modes
6. Reege Set for Pet Bathing
This one functions more as a general shower attachment, suitable not only for your dog but for any other functions that may require a handheld attachment. It should fit most standard showers and is likely to last long with its 100% quality guarantee.
If you are looking for an attachment that blends right in with the rest of your shower, you will likely prefer the sleek metal design of this shower head. Your dog will likely enjoy the hot water function in the wintertime as well, while the head can also utilize cold water, which is perfect for a refreshing summer bath.
- Easily converted between regular use and optimized for your dog
- Compatible with most standard showers
- Long hose and stainless steel head make this shower head durable and versatile
While we’d recommend most of the products on this list, the head that really stands out in our experience has to be the first on our list, the Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro Shower Attachment. Its unique wand shape allows for the most intuitive bath functionality. In our experience, this head gives us the quickest and least stressful dog shower experience.
What’s more, it is perfect for dogs of all sizes and is one of the most versatile on this list. It is likely your dog will be the most comfortable with this contoured spray head, easily adjustable to your dog’s preference.
When it comes to making your dog’s bathtime stress-free, the Waterpik can’t be beaten.
Indoor vs. Outdoor Shower
This is important to consider from the start, as not every head on our list is built for use both inside and outside. Before committing to a model, decide what situation makes the most sense for you and your dog.
Depending on your dog’s size, preference, and the climate you live in, bathing your dog outdoors may or may not make more sense than attempting to contain your dog’s bathtime in your indoor tub.
Some shower heads are able to be adapted for both indoor and outdoor use. If you plan on giving your dog a bath outside during the summer but will likely move inside during the winter, looking into a versatile product such as this is not a bad idea.
Some options are designed specifically with your dog in mind, while others we mentioned are able to be used by the whole family, humans included! This is great for those who prefer detachable product, as well as for bathing small children. Almost anyone can benefit from the use of a versatile shower head. If you’re planning on purchasing one for your dog, it may be worth it to look into one that is perfect for human use as well.
Many of the heads designed for human use do a better job of blending in with shower decor and are made of stainless steel, making them preferable to many for aesthetic reasons alone.
One of the most important factors to consider before committing to a shower head is your dog’s size. Smaller, handheld heads may seem like a good idea for precision cleaning in those tough to reach spots but may not work so well when it comes to giving your large dog a quick and painless bath experience.
The same goes for smaller dogs, who may be easily overwhelmed by attachments that prove too large to provide an efficient cleaning experience. In this instance, you’ll want to look for a product that makes your dog’s bathtime as quick and painless as possible without sacrificing precision, as ignoring certain spots during bathtime can lead to health problems for your dog down the line.
Regardless of the size of your dog, it is likely they will have a water pressure preference. Low water pressure is likely more preferable for your dog as they will likely appreciate the gentle experience. However, you may be stuck cleaning your dog for far too long with an ineffective source of water pressure.
Choosing a product with adjustable water pressure can help you switch between these modes, giving your dog both a quick and effective shower as you cycle between high and low-pressure attachments.
Most dog owners will agree that bathtime can be a touchy subject. Some dogs don’t mind it, and may even enjoy it. However, it is likely that your dog will require some coaxing in order to successfully make it through the process without causing some major water damage.
Luckily, choosing a good shower head is just one of many steps you can take in order to make bathtime with your dog much less painful.
- Be sure to begin by brushing your dog before starting the bathing process. Without completing this step, you may be unnecessarily dragging out the bathing process.
- Ensure the water you are using for your dog is comfortable. Lukewarm water is likely best, as water that is too hot or too cold will be as unpleasant for your dog as it is for you.
- Choose the right shampoo for your dog. Be sure that there aren’t any harmful ingredients in the shampoo or anything that is known to irritate your dog. If your dog begins to associate bathtime with these irritants, you will likely have a hard time convincing them to participate in bathtime in the future.
- Do what calms your dog. Talk to them in a reassuring voice, pet them, and coax them into the water gently so they know bathtime is a safe, comforting time for them.
- Be sure to reward your dog after the bath so they come to have positive associations with bathtime. Give them their favorite treat and shower them in cuddles and playtime – they deserve it!
We are the Pet Dog Pals, a group of avid pet owners, bloggers, product testers, and writers for all your canine needs! We own a collective 16 dogs and 21 cats to help us test and review pet products. Our top lists and tips come from experience to help you be the best dog owner you can be!