The Best Dog Silencers in 2020
- Our Top 6 List
- 1. DogRook Silencer
- 2. Doggie Don’t Bark Control Device
- 3. StopWoofer Humane Silencing Collar
- 4. Modus Bark Control Device
- 5. SportDog Brand NoBark Collars
- 6. Modul Anti Barking Device
- Verdict & Review
- DogRook Bark Collar
- Buying Guide
Does your dog’s daily barking drive you crazy? Do you have neighbors that you’re afraid will complain? If so, a dog silencer is a humane and effective way to get your dog to stop any unwanted behaviors like barking and jumping quickly and effectively.
But how do you pick one when there are so many available? On this page, we have assembled the best options on the market this year and also put together a quick buyer’s guide that outlines what you need to know about these silencers.
Our Top 6 List
Last update on 2020-09-24 at 19:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. DogRook Silencer
This humane bark color comes with two modes to help control barking. You can use the beeping noise or the seven vibration levels to curb your dog’s barking. This is a non-shock collar that fits small, medium, and large dogs ranging from 10 to 110 pounds snugly with simple adjustments. The strap is 100% waterproof. This means your dog can take it out in all weather conditions.
The collar will only trigger when your dog barks, and you can take them into loud around without worrying about accidental correction. There are two collar covers, two types of plastic prongs, and two batteries. It has a strong snap that is easy to secure. The nylon collar has small reflective strips to help keep your dog highly visible in different light conditions.
- Snugly fits small, medium, and large dogs
- Uses beeping noises and seven levels of vibration for correction
- Reflective strips improve your dog’s visibility
- Easy to use and effective
- Too large for very small breeds
2. Doggie Don’t Bark Control Device
When you press this device, it releases a loud buzzing noise over 100 decibels to stop the barking. You can use it to stop other unwanted behaviors like jumping, nipping, biting, chewing, begging, whining, and leash aggression. There is no shock, and the noise can startle your dog enough for them to stop the unwanted behavior. It’s a good deterrent for other dogs too.
The slender remote has a loop to wrap around your wrist when you’re out and about, and it has a single button operation to make it quick and easy to use. It runs on two batteries that last weeks between changes, and you get a very user-friendly design. It comes with a longer range as well.
- Uses a loud noise to distract your dog
- Very lightweight and compact
- Easy to use
- Body is a thinner plastic
- Doesn’t work well on breeds with high drive
- Dog may eventually ignore it
3. StopWoofer Humane Silencing Collar
No products found.
This anti-barking collar comes with seven customizable vibration levels to correct unwanted behaviors quickly and effectively. It’s easy to tighten or loosen, and you’ll be able to secure the collar to ensure it doesn’t slip off. There is an advanced sensor in the collar that helps distinguish your dog’s barking from other loud noises around them to prevent false vibrations.
You can recharge the battery when it dies, and the battery gives you up to two full weeks of power between charges. The nylon strap is lightweight, and the collar features two thin reflective strips to enhance your dog’s visibility. It’ll give your dog a warning sound when before it vibrates to help correct their behavior. The battery will connect to any device to charge, and it can go from dead to fully charged in two hours.
- Charges on multiple devices
- Uses a tone and seven vibration levels to correct behavior
- Reflective strips enhance visibility
- Can drain the battery
- Runs small to size
- Has a shock setting not advertised
4. Modus Bark Control Device
This control features the latest technology that uses sound to deter unwanted behaviors like barking. It has a very thin and lightweight design with a decent range, and it plays a sound too high for your to hear. It’s safe enough to distract your dog from their behavior without hurting them, and it works well both indoors and outdoors.
You can choose from three sleek colors, and there is a single button to push to activate the noise and correct your dog’s behavior. There is an adjustable wrist strap with an anti-static guard that makes it quick and easy to carry your remote with you and use it as needed. You can also use it to ward off other dogs when you’re outside. It has a 16-foot range.
- Has a slightly longer range
- Anti-static wrist strap adjusts for a secure fit
- Available in three colors
- Can take a while to work
- Dog can choose to ignore it after a few tries
- Doesn’t work well at longer ranges
5. SportDog Brand NoBark Collars
This innovative bark collar has Silent Partner technology that will analyze your dog’s bark patterns and filter out any other noises to avoid accidental corrections. There are three different modes you can use to train your dog that include temperament learning, user-selected, and progressive correction. There are 10 levels of stimulation that you can tailor to suit your dog’s needs.
It fits dogs eight pounds and up, and the collar is waterproof up to 10 feet. The batteries recharge between uses, and you get up to 200 hours of correction on a single two-hour charge. The automatic shutoff feature stops correcting your dog after 80 seconds. It’s resistant to water, dust, wind, rain, humidity, and sand for a more durable pick. The nylon strap has an odor-resistant coating applied to keep the collar clean.
- Has three modes and 10 correction levels
- Easy to customize and change
- Works for 200 hours on a single charge
- LED tends to fade over time
- Can be difficult to get a secure fit
- Nylon frays and starts to fall apart
6. Modul Anti Barking Device
This is an ultrasonic bark control device that combines barking control and training. You can use it to curb your dog’s barking both indoors and outdoors. Additionally, it works well to help train your dog out of unwanted behaviors like jumping, chewing, or being leash aggressive. The sound is too high for people to hear, but it will startle your dog and distract them from their behavior.
The wrist strap has an anti-static coating that makes it comfortable to wear. It adjusts to fit your wrist to ensure it doesn’t slip off when you’re out and about. You push a single button to work it, and the sound can travel out over 16 feet. If you press and hold the button for 10 seconds, the green indicator light will go off, and it’ll quit transmitting.
- Available in three colors
- Green indicator light tells you when it’s working
- Very easy to operate
- Doesn’t work well on determined dogs
- Body is plastic
- Button can stick
Our top pick is the DogRook Bark Collar because it’s humane and features sounds and a vibration mode without shock. It fits a broad range of dogs, and you can cycle it through seven correction levels.
There are two collar covers to allow you to customize your choice. Additionally, you get two prongs that ensure you have a good fit for your dog’s size. Finally, we liked that this collar had a very durable design with a strong snap that stayed secure.
Picking out the best dog silencer requires you to know basic information about the product itself. Once you have this list, you can use it to compare the various devices. Eventually, you’ll be able to narrow your choices down to the best one.
Who Should Get One?
Ideally, anyone who needs help training their dog out of unwanted behaviors can benefit from having a dog silencer. Many people find it’s a good idea to start training your dog early because it’s easier to correct your dog’s behavior when they’re young than it is to try and go back and fix it later.
If you live in a crowded area with neighbors, a dog silencer can help head off any potential issues you could have due to noise. Just make sure your dog’s collar has a good fit, or you’re home to correct them with the remote consistently.
Types of Silencers
For the most part, dog silencers fall into four broad categories. You’ll have to decide which one works best for your dog, and we listed the categories below.
- Shock – Shock collars will give your dog a small shock when they bark. The shock can go up in intensity as your dog continues to bark.
- Sound – Some ultrasonic correction devices emit a sound that is too high pitched for people to hear. The sound distracts your dog from their unwanted behaviors.
- Spray – The spray collar has a lemon or other citrus-based spray attached to the front of your dog’s collar. When they bark, the collar will emit a small puff of spray into their face.
- Combination – Combination collars offer shock, noise, and vibration correction. You can choose which ones your dog feels when they bark. Many people like to start with the tones or vibrations over the shock.
The coverage range is more for the handheld devices than the collars. If you want a handheld device, knowing the maximum coverage range is a must. If your dog goes outside of this range and you press the button, nothing will happen. Many coverage ranges go between 10 and 50 feet, but others can go to over 200 feet. Think about where you’ll use your device the most when you compare these ranges.
Ease of Use
How easy is your dog silencer to use? Many of them have a single button operation that is very user-friendly. Other devices require you to program and cycle through different correction levels. The ease of use will factor into how well you’re able to program and set the deterrent. In turn, this will directly impact how well it works on your dog to correct their behavior.
You want to find a device that’s sensitive enough to be activated by your dog’s bark. However, it shouldn’t be so sensitive that it hears other noises and corrects your dog because it thinks the dog is barking. There is newer technology available that helps the collar zero in on your dog’s unique tones.
We are the Pet Dog Pals, a group of avid pet owners, bloggers, product testers, and writers for all your canine needs! We own a collective 16 dogs and 21 cats to help us test and review pet products. Our top lists and tips come from experience to help you be the best dog owner you can be!