The Best LED Dog Collars in 2020
- Our Top List
- 1. Illumiseen Waterproof Light-Up Dog Collar
- 2. Blazin’ Safety Glow in The Dark Collar
- 3. Morpilot Dog & Cat LED Lights for Collars
- 4. Bseen LED Collars
- 5. NiteHowl LED Safety Necklace
- 6. Illumifun Glowing Collar
- Verdict & Review
- Illumiseen Waterproof LED Dog Collar
- Buying Guide
Are you looking for a product to make your dog more visible when you walk them at night? A glow in the dark LED collar can help light up your dog to make sure motorists and other passersby are alerted to their presence. This can help prevent an unfortunate and heartbreaking accident if your dog were to escape of break free from their leash.
Many manufacturers make lit collars, so we have assembled the top 6 options on the market this year, all of which we ended up using for our own dogs. Let’s get into it!
Our Top List
Last update on 2020-05-30 at 04:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Illumiseen Waterproof Light-Up Dog Collar
Your dog will by stylist and easily seen with the Illumiseen collar. This one is designed to bright enough to help make sure vehicles can see your dog, preventing an unfortunate accident from occurring. Putting the collar on your dog is a snap (literally), with the included clips.
There are three different lighting modes you can choose by depending on your preferences and where you’ll be with your dog. You can set the LED light to flash slowly, flash quickly, or be constantly on.
The battery for the LED lights is rechargeable using a USB cord. When the battery is fully charged, it will stay lit for up to five hours. Recharging the battery will take about one-hour.
Your purchase will include a lifetime guarantee. If you experience any quality issues, you can contact the manufacturer for a refund or replacement. You can purchase this option in neon green, bright orange, cotton candy pink, royal blue, ruby red, or sunburst yellow.
- There are six different size options for necks measuring anywhere between 8.6 inches and 27.5 inches.
- The LED light can be set to stay on, flash quickly, or flash slowly.
- A one-hour charge will allow the light to work for five hours.
- If you have a smaller dog, this collar may be a bit thick for them.
2. Blazin’ Safety Glow in The Dark Collar
With the Blazin’ collar, you’ll be able to make your dog nice and bright when you take them out at night. Oncoming vehicles will be able to notice your dog from as far away as 350 yards, giving them plenty of time to react and avoid accidentally hitting your dog.
The LED bulb strip on this product covers the entire length of the collar, so your dog will be easier to spot. There are three different lighting modes you can choose from: strobe, blink, and on.
This collar is available in four different sizes (extra small, small, medium, and large), so it should fit a variety of neck circumferences. It is also available in 10 different color options/combinations. The available color options are pink, black, blue, green, orange, purple, red, yellow, Christmas, and Halloween.
- Drivers will be able to see your dog from up to 350 yards away.
- You can choose from a strobing, blinking, or constantly on lighting mode.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime guarantee. They will refund your money if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- The lights may turn on or off if your dog shakes or scratches too much.
3. Morpilot Dog & Cat LED Lights for Collars
The Morpilot LED Light is a product you can add to your dog’s existing collar to help them be seen more easily. This bright light can be seen up to half a mile away, so it can definitely help keep your dog protected from being hit by a car. This product also includes a little compartment where you can write down your name and address to help your dog be brought back home safely if they get away from you on their leash.
When you purchase this product, you will receive six different LED lights with clips. You’ll be able to change the color you select for your dog depending on your mood, or provide protection for more than one dog.
The clip on each light is designed to be durable and hold up well to frequent use. It has a strong carabiner attachment. The light can be set to be on, flashing quickly, flashing slowly, and off.
- You’ll receive six different LED lights. You can protect multiple dogs or choose different colors depending on the circumstances for your dog.
- You can access the battery to change it when needed.
- The lights will securely attach to your dog’s collar using the carabiner clip.
- Six lights are included, but only one compartment for storing your name and address comes with this set.
4. Bseen LED Collars
The BSEEN collar is another great option to consider. This product is an LED tube that you can place over your dog’s head next to their existing collar to help make sure they are visible when it is dark outside. This is a one-size-fits-all product; you’ll be able to customize the fit by cutting the tube to fit your dog’s neck.
There are three different light options for you to choose from. You can set the collar to stay constantly lit up, flash quickly, or flash slowly. When the battery needs to be recharged, you can do so easily with the included mini USB cable.
This option is also designed to be durable. The collar and the light will hold up well to getting rubbed against your dog’s collar.
- There are 10 color options including royal blue, candy pink, fluorescent orange, and fluorescent red.
- You’ll be able to cut this product to ensure it provides the right fit for your dog.
- There are three different lighting settings: flashing quickly, flashing slowly, and staying constantly lit up.
- You will still need to use your dog’s regular collar in addition to this item since it is a plastic ring, not a full collar.
5. NiteHowl LED Safety Necklace
The NiteHowl Safety Necklace is an LED light that will go around your dog’s neck next to their collar. They necklace will provide 360 degrees of light around their neck, making it much more likely that they’ll be seen by motorists and others walking by.
When you purchase this product, you’ll be able to customize the fit by cutting the tubing. It can be used on necks with circumferences between 12 and 27 inches.
You’ll be able to choose the lighting mode that you think will best keep your dog protected. This collar can either flash or stay constantly lit up. It is also designed to be weather resistant, so you won’t need to worry about your pet wearing it if it is raining outside.
- This collar can fit dogs with necks measuring between 12 and 27 inches.
- You can easily put the necklace on your dog when you’re ready to take them out.
- If you have a current collar or harness that you like, you can keep using that product in addition to this LED necklace.
- You will have to buy replacement batteries when the battery dies. You cannot recharge this option.
6. Illumifun Glowing Collar
The Illumifun collar is another option that can help make sure your dog will be seen when they are out after dark. This collar is made using nylon webbing that has a light guide that will provide light around your dog’s entire neck.
You’ll be able to choose from three different glow modes with this product. You can set it to a steady glow, a quick flash, or a slow flash. The button on the collar will allow you to easily select the mode you prefer.
This collar will attach securely to your dog’s neck using the buckle. You’ll also be able to adjust the length of the strap to ensure the right fit. There is a durable D-ring on the collar where you can attach a leash.
- There are six different collar sizes for necks measuring between 8.5 inches and 26 inches.
- You can purchase this collar in green, red, orange, or pink.
- You can easily select the lighting mode you want by pressing the button on the collar.
- The buckle and adjuster on the collar do not light up, so there may be a portion of your dog’s neck that is not lit.
Our favorite collar is the Illumiseen. Using this collar with your dog could be the difference between a tragic accident and your dog walking away unharmed. The collar will illuminate your dog to help ensure they aren’t struck by a car.
You’ll be able to select one of three different lighting modes to help make sure your dog is noticed by others. You can set the LED light on the collar to flash quickly, flash slowly, or to stay on. There are also six bright color options that will help you make sure your dog is both highly visible and attractive.
The LED light is powered by a rechargeable battery. It will take just one hour to charge the battery. Once fully charged, the battery will power the light for up to five hours.
The Illumiseen is an excellent purchase to make for your dog. Keep that precious pup safe and order one today!
If you take your dog out for a walk at night, an LED collar can help keep them safe. With a lit collar, your dog is more visible to drivers on the road, which can help prevent a heartbreaking accident. Since there are different styles and options to consider when looking at such collars, read through our buying guide to help you decide which features are most important to you.
Collar or Necklace
First, you will want to consider whether you are looking for a product to replace your dog’s collar or a necklace that can be used in addition to their current collar or harness. Some of the products on the market are full collars, while others a light up tubes that can be put around your dog’s neck before you take them outside.
Either of these options can work fine. If you have been looking for a new collar anyway, perhaps you’ll want to consider a full collar option. If you like your dog’s current collar or if they use a harness, a necklace may be the best option for you.
The brightness of a collar is a very important consideration to make before making a purchase. After all, your purpose for selecting an LED collar is to help your dog be more visible when they are out at night. Look for information about how close others will need to be to the collar for the lights to be visible, and see if you can find an option that will be visible from very far away.
You should also consider how much of the collar is illuminated. With some options, the lights will go all around your dog’s neck, but with other options only a portion of the collar may be lit up.
Next, you should consider the different lighting modes that are available. Will you be able to set the collar to stay fully lit? Can it flash or pulse?
Also consider how easy it is to switch between the different lighting modes to help you select the right product for your dog.
The LED light on each collar is battery powered. Some options come with a rechargeable battery, while others will use disposable batteries. If you have a preference, be sure to choose a collar that uses the type of batteries you’d prefer.
If you are looking for a product with a rechargeable battery, pay close attention to how long the battery will last and how long it will take to recharge it.
Finding a collar that will provide the right fit for your dog is also important. Look at each option you are considering to make sure it is available in the right size for your dog’s neck. You’ll likely need to measure the distance around their neck to ensure you find a good fit.
You should also pay attention to how wide the collar is to make sure it isn’t too wide or too narrow for your dog.
Quality and Durability
When selecting any dog collar, finding a highly durable product is important. You don’t want the collar to snap or tear since this could result in your dog running off.
Finally, before you make a final decision about which collar to get, look at the different color options that are available. Choose a product that looks like it will be a good fit for your dog’s personality, while keeping them nicely illuminated for others to see.
We are the Pet Dog Pals, a group of avid pet owners, bloggers, product testers, and writers for all your canine needs! We own a collective 16 dogs and 21 cats to help us test and review pet products. Our top lists and tips come from experience to help you be the best dog owner you can be!